Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

why

If you read my last post you might be asking yourself why on earth am I asking for the first page of your SECOND chapter. I'll admit, it seems odd. After all, how could I possibly critique that page without having read all those that came before?

Well, I'll tell you. I got the idea from Ebyss who held a contest in which you had to offer a pitch of two to three sentences, the second sentence of your first chapter, and then the first 250 words of your second chapter. Needless to say I entered and, because I was so intrigued by the idea, I stole it - hence the link :) After all, one must give credit where credit is due. But it's a great idea because not only does your first page need to be great but every page thereafter. I mean, if someone picks your book off the shelf and randomly opens it, whatever page they land on better catch their interest or else they're probably not going to buy it. So here's your chance to see if your first page/second chapter shines as much as your first. I have one slot left for next week and all you have to do is email me: marcy@tidewater.net with unicorn bell in the subject line.

I look forward to your submission.

1 comment:

Charity Bradford said...

Awesome idea where ever it came from. I'm so glad people are sending you stuff too. :)