Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Free Online Writers Conference

It's no secret that I would LOVE to attend some writing conferences. Most of us spend time reading about conferences and drool over the agents and publishers that are going to be there and wish we had a money tree in the back yard so we could attend.

If you're like me, that money tree hasn't started to bear fruit. You wait patiently and wonder if you've missed your chance to learn something amazing or make connections that will eventually lead you to that goal of being published.

Well, there is a conference just for us! Last year I attended the free...yes FREE!...Muse Online Writers Conference. It was a wonderful experience.
No matter where you live, what you write, at what point you are in your writing career, you'll find a workshop that fits your needs during our week long conference.
There are even pitch sessions with agents and mid-sized publishers. This experience is priceless! Last year I pitched to three publishers and learned so much from their feedback (on the pitch and the partials they requested). That feedback gave me direction over the last year and my writing has improved.

The conference will be October 3rd-9th, 2011. Registration is now open but will close on September 25th, and sign ups for pitches will start in September.

I've already signed up and I'm polishing my pitch! Check it out and see if you can fit it into your schedule.

3 comments:

Huntress said...

Excellent Post!
I absolutely ate this up along with you advice about EPub. Supeerrrrrrrrr

Tara Tyler said...

thank you! sounds wonderful!

Unicorn Writers' Conference said...

You may wish to visit my site - unicornwritersconference.com. It is in Portland, CT and sold out two years in a row. I host 22 literary agents and editors, query letter workshop, book summary workshop and 1-1 manuscript reviews of 40 pages with an agent or editor. 5 workshops every hour and two best selling authors - Sandra Brown and Patricia Schultz.

Jan Kardys, Chairman