Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Friday, April 12, 2013

For Fun

It’s Friday. And I’m out of useful writerly website ideas. So instead, today I’m just going to link to some of my favorite semi-writerly blogs. For fun.
  • Hate signs with quotation marks that don’t belong? In for a good laugh? Then you should check out The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks.

  • I never noticed this until I found the lowercase L blog. But since, I keep stumbling across signs all in caps except for that one L.

  • Not only is there a blog devoted to the overuse of quotation marks. There’s also a blog devoted to the misuse of apostrophes and it’s called Apostrophe Abuse.

  • I’m sad to see that Bad Parking has been abandoned. Well, at least you can still peruse what was posted before it went away.
What other websites/blogs do you follow? Anything good I missed?

19 comments:

mshatch said...

Had to go peek at the bad parking, lol.

Theresa Milstein said...

These blogs all sound pretty funny. I'm going to take a look at them. One of my favorite blogs is "Missed Periods and Other Grammar Scares." Do you know that one?

http://missedperiodsandothergrammarscares.blogspot.com/

Teresa Cypher said...

Great post. I'm adding you to my Writer's Resources list. Thanks :-)

Huntress said...

Love this site!! I added her to my blog list.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

You should check out Moody Writing by Mooderino. It's a great writer blog. That's all there is on that site LOL

cleemckenzie said...

Some very fun places to stop in! Thanks.

Theresa Milstein said...

Apostrophe Abuse doesn't work!

J.L. Campbell said...

These books sound like reads I should be checking out.

David Macaulay said...

One of my pet hates is unnecessary exclamation marks! Thanks for visiting the blog.

Liz A. said...

Love that one. So sad that he's not updating it anymore.

Liz A. said...

Yes, I read her all the time.

Liz A. said...

Thanks.

Liz A. said...

I'll have to check that out.

Liz A. said...

Glad you liked them.

Liz A. said...

Just a little fun for a Friday.

Liz A. said...

Is there one for exclamation marks? I missed it. There should be, though.

Liz A. said...

Whoops. Sorry about that. I thought I checked the html so carefully. (It's fixed now.)

Unknown said...

SlushPile Hell is quite entertaining.

Missed Periods said...

I have a feeling that I am now going to see lowercase l's everywhere!