Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Book I can't forget

Do you ever think about certain books long after you've read them? I'm sure you do; I think everyone who loves books has a few they continue to admire. Here are few of books I continue to think about:


The Hunger Games; specifically, the way Collins had me thinking I knew who Katniss was going to choose in the end (when really, I should've guessed) and the end when the cat shows up again. That about did me in. I wasn't expecting to love this series after all the hype, but I did.


The Night Circus; this is one of the most beautifully written books I've ever read and I am so envious of the magical way the author managed to convey the extraordinary. If I could write like this...*sigh*


White Cat; What a fabulous concept: Curse Workers! I grabbed it on a whim out of my library, expecting to maybe like the book, and I ended up adoring it to pieces. Cassel is one of my most favorite characters (reminds me a little of Artemis Fowl grown up) and I loved his plan to con the conmen ;)


The Graveyard Book; God, I loved this book and I hated that it ended. I wanted another chapter or ten, or better yet, a whole new book about Bod and his graveyard friends.


The Commonwealth Saga: Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained; because I love scifi and this is one I've read more than a few times. It's almost like LOTR. Every so often I need to go on a grand adventure and sometimes the far flung future is exactly where I want to go.
 


What books do you keep thinking about?

9 comments:

Luanne G. Smith said...

Yeah, Hunger Games was a good one. Whenever I see some celebrity with overdone hair or accessories I think of that book and the people in the capital.

And I liked Neverwhere better than The Graveyard Book. That one comes to mind a lot when I'm in the city and see homeless people *this* close to falling through the cracks.

Unknown said...

I have not read the Hunger Games yet but I have heard it was an amazing read.

Robin said...

I loved The Hunger Games series. Honestly, so much to love there.

I also really like The Graveyard Book.

I just read The Fault In Our Stars and OMG... it was so good.

I also really like The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.

And Maggie Stiefvater's new series The Raven Cycles... I think it is some of her best work and I CANNOT WAIT for the next book to come out.

Angela Brown said...

I enjoyed Hunger Games as well. The others, I'll have to check out.

Valerie Capps said...

Great book suggestions. I am always looking for something new to read and plan to grab a couple of these. I've read the Hunger Games and really enjoyed it. This week I think I'll try The Graveyard Book. Thanks for the suggestions and for stopping by my new blog. I'm glad I found yours. I'll be back for more.

Liza said...

I read so many books, I forget, after a while, which ones I love...until I'm perusing the library and see them again. Oh, yes. Sometimes, I repeat.

Liz A. said...

I'll have to check out White Cat. You've intrigued me.

I've been meaning to reread Daggerspell by Katherine Kerr (and reread the whole series). That first book sucked me in, and it tied up so nicely (although it might have taken two or three books to do it). I just looked, and the whole thing is available electronically. Which means I can get rid of my dog eared paperbacks. (Now I know what to ask for for my birthday!)

Suzanne said...

I love reading, and have always got a novel on the go, but, much to my amazement, I have not read any of these! Will have to keep an eye out for them at the library :)
Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
x

Charity Bradford said...

The Graveyard Book is one of my daughters all time favorites. The book I keep thinking about (for this year anyway) is Archetype and it's sequel Prototype by M D Waters. Emma captured my imagination and I just clicked with her emotionally.