Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

#15tt Tuesdays

It's my week again, and again I have no new book tours scheduled. Sigh. (If you have a book you'd like to promote during the week of April 4th-8th, let me know.) So, this week we're going to explore some reading and writing weekly bloghops.

A couple years ago, I stumbled across Jocelyn Rish's Twitter feed and discovered #15tt.

15 Minute Tweet Tales
Link to Jocelyn Rish's blog

#15tt is short for 15 minute tweet tales. Jocelyn explained:
I’ve mentioned before how much fun I have with the Tweet Me a Story contests run by NYC Midnight. The challenge of creating a complete story in such a small space gives me a writer’s high (which thankfully involves much less sweat than a runner’s high)... Each [week] a new...word will be the prompt for a tale told in less than 140 characters. But since I tend to obsess over and tweak my stories to death, I’m giving myself a time limit for each one. Once I...reveal the new word, I'll only have fifteen minutes to craft my masterpiece, and then I’ll tweet the story, no matter how much it makes me cringe. 
I've been playing along for a couple years. This year, Jocelyn took this from a daily challenge to a weekly one. But it's still fun. Early in the morning (usually) she tweets the new word and its definition, and your challenge is to create a story with that word. In a tweet. 140 characters.

Yes, it can be done.

Some of my attempts are pitiful. And some go in directions I do not expect. But I still do every word. (Well, when it was daily, I would miss the odd day here and there...)

Today's word:
And my attempt: Bea resisted the gigil impetus, but Ann did not. Bea resisted the urge to laugh hysterically when the baby threw up all over Ann. #15tt

Come on, try it! You can post it here in the comments. I'd love to read them.

5 comments:

Huntress said...

Ho man. I stink at word games, lol.

Liz A. said...

Awwww. Try it. I showed my awful attempt...

Huntress said...

It sat, mocking me, but I resisted the inclination. But the soft curves tempted me until the need to gigil the Charmin grew overwhelming and I was lost.
(doh. Prolly did it wrong. Gag)

Liz A. said...

No, it's great. Better than mine. Now, go and post it to Twitter with #15tt. Or just search #15tt and see what everyone else came up with. Some are brilliant. Some, not so much.

Paula said...

This one is a brain twister. Need to think it through!