Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Words for Wednesday

It's my week again, and again I have no new book tours scheduled. Sigh. (If you have a book you'd like to promote during the week of April 4th-8th, let me know.) So, this week we're going to explore some reading and writing weekly bloghops.

Looking for a bit more of a challenge? Then you need to join Words for Wednesday. At the moment, it looks like Elephant's Child is the keeper of the words:
Essentially the aim is to encourage us to write.  Each week we are given a choice of prompts: which can be words, phrases, music or an image.   What we do with those prompts is up to us:  a short story, prose, a song, a poem, or treating them with ignore...  We can use some or all of the prompts. 
Some of us put our creation in comments on the post, and others post on their own blog.  I would really like it if as many people as possible joined into this fun meme.  If you are posting on your own blog - let me know so that I, and other participants, can come along and applaud.
So, if you need a bit of a start, or are just looking for a challenge, check out the words, phrases, music, or image and join in.

6 comments:

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Very interesting.

Crystal Collier said...

I've seen the hop and it looks way fun. Fortunately the only issue I've had with writing for a long time is finding time. And quiet. I've resorted to getting up before the kids.

Huntress said...

Prompts are found in the darndests places. For me, seeing an abandoned farm house and wondering if it misses the children who once played in the yard.

Yes. The house.

Liz A. said...

Huntress: That sounds like something I'd want to read.

Huntress said...

Our minds must work in the same way, slightly psychotic.

Paula said...

Sounds like a good hop!