Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Monday, November 28, 2016

Books by Their Covers Quiz

Did everyone have a pleasant Thanksgiving? Since it's Cyber Monday and the end of November (for all you NaNoers out there), I thought I'd keep things easy. How about a little literature quiz?

(c) Scott McLeod

This quiz shows you a book cover, and you have to come up with the title. Some of them should be familiar. Some of them might not be.

Books by Their Covers Quiz

A couple tips: 
  1. You don't have to go in order. If you recognize a cover, just type the title into the typing bar. It'll fill in the correct box for you.
  2. You don't have to worry about "the" or "a". I skipped all sorts of articles, and it still found the correct box. 
  3. No one will know if you cheat... 
Please let me know how you did in the comments. If you want to know how I did, feel free to click on the "spoiler button":

(And no, I didn't cheat. If I cheat, I get 100%.)

9 comments:

Patchi said...

Fun! I got 50%... some books I just didn't recognize that particular edition's cover.

Janie Junebug said...

I got fourteen out of twenty-four. I couldn't believe I didn't recognize The Catcher In The Rye.

Love,
Janie

Mich said...

I got 19 but in fairness I had never heard of the other ones.......

M.J. Fifield said...

24 out of 24. In 2:45. Because I have zero life. (I got hung up on the Dan Brown novel. It took me a while to remember the name of it.)

But that was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing!

Liz A. said...

Patchi--Yeah, the older the book, the more possible covers.

Janie--The Catcher in the Rye doesn't really look like anything, does it? That's why that one is so hard.

Mich--I hadn't heard of some of them, either.

M.J.--Woo-hoo! You go, girl!

mshatch said...

I got 14/24 or 58%. Missed Black Beauty, should've gotten that one.

Liz A. said...

Not necessarily, mshatch. It's only obvious in hindsight.

Huntress said...

Im too embarrassed to say. * slinks off *

diedre Knight said...

Oh jeez. I got 16 and the offer of a quarter! And I knew most of the titles - just not the covers. Oh the shame... Fun quiz though!